Wednesday, May 14, 2008

what the heck...

so I'm having the worst time trying to find a job. I hate looking in the first place, so I got a job at a place selling high quality air purifyers. Sounds easy right??? WRONG. First of all I wanted it because it's a base pay of $600 a week, sounds amazing. BUT I would have to SELL 12 of the dang machines running with the price over $1,500 a week in order to get paid, if I don't sell that many I don't get paid. NO WAY I don't think so they happened to tell me that the last day of training that I wasn't getting paid for. Another downside was that I would have to work from 1 to 9 pm. The only problem with that is Jay works from 5:30 am to 1:30 pm.. I would never see my husband and just being married I am going to be selfish. Then I started looking other places and An insurance company called me the other night and I was so excited about this. I thought maybe a receptionist job would be perfect for me and I got super excited, when I walked in the interview to find it's selling insurance. I would make around $1,000 a week if I started selling the insurance...NO WAY are you kidding me. I give up, first of all I don't like selling things I'm not a sales person at all. I don't like people pushing me to buy things so why would I push other people. I'm having such a hard time finding a job. Their all sales jobs or just crap. I don't know. I'm getting so discouraged, I'm about to give up.

5 comments:

Christie // lemon squeezy home said...

Oh, I feel your pain Leeann. I am so sorry it's so hard! I remember being first married and looking for a job--I applied at over 50 places!!! And ended up getting a crappy survey calling job that I couldn't stand and cried about it all the time. Some jobs just suck. Have you tried a restaurant? I know the pay isn't as good, but sometimes those were the only jobs I could stand because the people were so cool. Good luck to you!!!

Christian and Jennifer said...

I'm with Christie! Try a restaurant job . . . or even Wal-Mart of something might be better. I once went through one day of training for vacuum sales and decided there was no way I was even going to try this. Good luck, sweetie . . . and remember, there's always Dentrix if you need an in.

Williamson Fam said...

I'm Sorry it is so frustrating have you been to the job corp place that posts all the jobs? Or even a temp agency, i always found good stuff there, good luck, keep looking and you'll find something, even if its crappy until something better comes along, we've all had some real crappy jobs. What about a server?

Scot and Jenny said...

I agree, try a temp agency. That at least gets you in the door and they do the looking for you. You just tell them what you are looking for and then try to find it or something like it. Good luck! I know it's hard but something will come up.

Merilee said...

Come to Michaels on Saturday. I'll get you a job there. A cashier starts out at 7 something an hour. Its not bad. I love working there. It would be kind of a drive for you, but they are looking for full time casheirs. They need people who can work during the day. I'll be your supervisor. It will be fun. Come!!

THIS IS SOOOOO FUNNY!!!