I went to the concerts for Darfur with Merilee these past two nights and Jay came last night. Afterwards Jay and I were driving home and we got to talking. How blessed we are to be driving in a car, warm and out of the weather. How lucky we are to be eating chocolate at our disposal. How wastefull we are as a society. How selfish we are. It just was heartbreaking the video Josh showed about How they are suffering over there. Jay and I realized we take so many things for granted. Being able to call our parents on the phone everyday, to go to a home where we have air conditioning and heaters. How lucky we are to walk into our kitchen to grab a quick bite to eat whenever we want. To be able to live so close to the temple. Jay and I live not even 5 minutes away. We also take for granted our bathroom, the toilet, being able to take a shower, to have sinks to wash our faces and brush our teeth. To be able to walk out of our houses without being scared that something is going to happed to one of us. We are so blessed to live here in the United States. I used to give my spare change to bums here but I realize that they can go get a job, they let themselves get that way, these people in Darfur have no choice. People here ask for 50 cents or dollers, people over there would be happy with a penny! We are all so blessed.
Thursday, October 2, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comments:
Thanks so much for coming to the concerts. Josh did a good job, didn't he? You are a wonderful sister and I love you tons and tons.
Post a Comment